AsiaUp one level
Asia consists of at least three different cultural regions that have to be considered separately. However, in all parts of Asia where there is a Christian presence, the Pentecostal and Charismatic movements usually has a strong and growing influence
In South Asia Christianity is very much a minority religion with the exception of North East India, central Kerala and the south of Tamilnadu. Among South Asian Protestant Christians Pentecostal/Charismatic Churches are strong.
In East Asia Christianity is very strong in South Korea, Hongkong, and Singapore, and so is Pentecostalism. Chinese House churches are to a great extent charismatic in style.
In South East Asia Pentecostalism has a strong impact in areas where Protestant Christianity is dominant, e g., in some parts of Indonesia and Philippines. In the Philippines there is also a strong Charismatic movement within the Catholic church.
- Asian and Pentecostal. The Charismatic Face of Christianity in Asia by Michael Bergunder — last modified 2007-01-02 23:05
- Edited by Allan H. Anderson and Edmond Tang. London: Regnum Books, 2005
- by webmaster — last modified 2009-07-30 13:22
- by webmaster — last modified 2008-03-28 12:34
- The Asian Pentecostal Society is a platform for Asian Pentecostal scholars to share their understanding of historical, biblical and spiritual developments of Asian Pentecostalism.
- Kerala Pentecostalism by Wessly Lukose — last modified 2011-02-09 14:21
- This is a selection of bibliographical sources on Indian Pentecostalism with a focus on Kerala
- Pentecostal Movement in South India by Michael Bergunder — last modified 2006-06-27 19:29
- A select bibliography on Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements in South India
- by Michael Bergunder — last modified 2007-01-03 21:02
- Politics and Society in Filipino Pentecostalism on Negros (Oriental) by Giovanni Maltese — last modified 2013-01-23 16:16
- The project aims at a discourse analysis of terms relevant to the topics pertaining to their usage and meaning in every day life. The following foci are intended: actual political and societal participation of Pentecostals; the Pentecostal articulations of politics and society ("political theology"); and the relationship between Pentecostalism and Islam.
- Research Project: The „Charismatization“ of Christianity in Pakistan and its effects on life realities of Pakistani Christians. by Detlef Hiller — last modified 2013-03-19 11:22
- An overview of goals, methods, research interests, and current state of a doctoral research project of the Center for Intercultural Theology and Interreligious Studies at the Protestant University Wuppertal/Bethel (Germany) under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Henning Wrogemann.