Global PentecostalismUp one level
Information on global Pentecostalism, such as studies, current project, or bibliographies by region. The labels “Pentecostalism” and “Pentecostal/Charismatic” refer to all movements of the Pentecostal/Charismatic type, including Neo-Pentecostalism.
- New Paradigms in Pentecostal Education: a very short introduction by William K Kay — last modified 2009-02-27 11:28
- This paper was given at the 2009 Glopent conference in Birmingham. It provides a brief overview of Pentecostal education and notes its diversification over time. The paper makes the assumption that, wherever Pentecostal education is found, it should be seen in the context of the educational systems of the country where it is located, the early Pentecostal colleges being a form of post-secondary education in an era when tertiary education was far rarer than it is today.
- GloPent Web Search Engine on Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements by webmaster — last modified 2008-06-02 16:40
- A customized search engine limited to web sites relevant to the study of Pentecostalism.
- by webmaster — last modified 2007-04-24 02:01
- A collection of online articles on Pentecostalism at the Hartford Institute for Religion Research, including some publications by Margaret Poloma
- by webmaster — last modified 2007-03-26 23:26
- The Global Christian Forum aims at creating new opportunities for contact between Christians and discussion of common concerns. Concentrating on three movements that have marked the life of the churches in the 20th century (the ecumenical movement, the pentecostal/charismatic movement and the evangelical movement), it aims at creating new opportunities for contact between Christians and discussion of common concerns.
- by webmaster — last modified 2006-06-27 01:06
- The World Christian Database is based on the World Christian Encyclopedia and World Christian Trends. Worldwide statistics on religion, Christian denominations including Pentecostalism, and general demographics can be found here.
- Research Project: Feuding Brothers: US Fundamentalist-Pentecostal Relations, 1900-1943 by Gerald W King — last modified 2006-06-27 00:50
- This research project describes how Fundamentalism influenced forms of Pentecostal thought and structure in the first half of the 20th century up to the formation of the NAE.
- Bibliography of Early Pentecostalism by Allan Anderson — last modified 2006-04-13 11:05
- This is an incomplete, working bibliography for Allan Anderson's current book research for SPREADING FIRES: THE MISSIONARY NATURE OF EARLY PENTECOSTALISM (London: SCM Press, 2007)
- Africa by Allan Anderson — last modified 2007-01-27 22:21
- The following contributions relate to ongoing research on the subject of Pentecostalism and Charismatic Movements in Africa. At the moment the information includes Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana and Tanzania, but further work is being done in the network in the areas of South Africa and Mozambique. There are also useful bibliographical links on this website.
- Asia by Michael Bergunder — last modified 2007-01-27 22:22
- The following contributions relate to ongoing research on Pentecostal and Charismatic movements in Asia. At the moment the content in this section is still limited, but further research on Asian Pentecostalism and Charismatic Christianity presently conducted in the GloPent network will be included on this page in future.
- Europe by Mark Cartledge — last modified 2008-02-20 16:45
- The following contributions relate to the ongoing research on Pentecostal and Charismatic movements in Europe.
- Latin America by André Droogers — last modified 2008-03-15 19:25
- The following contributions relate to ongoing research on Pentecostal and Charismatic movements in Latin America.
- North America by Mark Cartledge — last modified 2006-12-12 23:03
- The following contributions reflect some of the current research being conducted in the United States of America and Canada. These include projects looking at the relationship between Fundamentalism and Pentecostalism and Latin American immigrants in Chicago.
- Oceania and Australia by webmaster — last modified 2005-12-05 04:37
last modified 2005-12-05 04:30