News & EventsUp one level
Current news and events. For past events and news items visit the archive link below.
- Book Announcement: The Holy Spirit in African Christianity by Chigor Chike — last modified 2015-05-13 11:03
- New book published by Chigor Chike: The Holy Spirit in African Christianity: An Empirical Study. (Paternoster Biblical & Theological Monographs)
- Book Announcement: Mouvement Charismatique & Pentecotisme En Ethiopie: Identité & religion by Serge Dewel — last modified 2014-08-25 23:25
- A new book about Pentecostalism in Ethiopia
- Spirit levels in the local church by Tim Welch — last modified 2014-08-05 10:50
- How are we to assess and measure the activity of God the Holy Spirit in a local church? Tim Welch, a British Baptist Church pastor and GloPent member, wants to raise pneumatological awareness and expectation within his church, by developing a tool that will enable pastor and people to consider what the Spirit is doing and saying... not as a formula, but as the welcomed Guest in a collaborative process. Any recommendations and insights concerning pneumatological qualitative research in a church and practical theology context will be welcome!
- Book Announcement: Experience and its Epistemology in Pentecostal Theologies by Giovanni Maltese — last modified 2013-08-09 11:57
- Maltese, Giovanni. Geisterfahrer zwischen Transzendenz und Immanenz: Die Erfahrungsbegriffe in den pfingstlich-charismatischen Theologien von Terry L. Cross und Amos Yong im Vergleich. Bd. 61. Kirche – Konfession – Religion. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht Unipress, 2013.
- New film documentary featuring Pentecostals in Africa by James Ault — last modified 2014-07-23 21:24
- The documentary films "African Christianity Rising" have just been released. They contain new footage on Pentecostals in Africa, among other Christian communities.
- Faith and Place Futures symposium (Grove House, University of Roehampton, London, SW15 5PU, from 2015-06-30 12:00 to 2015-07-01 15:30) — by Andrew Rogers
- This is the final meeting of the AHRC Faith and Place network, addressing the critical issues around faith, place and planning policy / practice, especially for minority faith groups (including black majority churches).
- Book Announcement: Joseph Smale by Tim Welch — last modified 2013-06-21 21:25
- A new book by Tim Welch on "God's Moses for Pentecostalism"
- 6th Europan Conference on African Studies (ECAS 2015) by Emanuele Fantini — last modified 2015-01-14 10:10
- The panel "Religious Revival, Secularism and Contested Public Spaces in Contemporary Ethiopia" addresses the coexistence and the competition between the Pentecostal movement, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and Islam, in negotiating political identities and occupying public spaces within the Ethiopian secular state. (Deadline call for papers: January 15, 2015).
- Šimon, M. (2011): Successful integration of Romanian community from Bílá Voda / Úspěšná integrace rumunské komunity z Bílé Vody. Český lid : Ethnological journal 98, č. 2, str. 155 - 172. (IF 2010 = 0.343) by Martin Šimon — last modified 2013-01-23 16:18
- This paper presents a case study dealing with integration of Romanian Pentecostals in peripheral rural village in the Czech Republic. The pentecostal religion and its related value system plays a crucial role in their successful integration. They have succeeded in their self-presentation to other people in the village which sees them as a family oriented, humble and hard-working people. Such image is in accordance with expectation of majority population concerning acceptance of foreign migrants.
- Book Announcement: Pandita Ramabai and the Mukti Revival by Yan Suarsana — last modified 2014-01-20 14:00
- Yan Suarsana: Pandita Ramabai und die Erfindung der Pfingstbewegung. Postkoloniale Religionsgeschichtsschreibung am Beispiel des "Mukti Revival". Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz 2013. 412 pp., ISBN 978-3447100694; 88,00 EUR.
- New Book on Chilean Pentecostalism by Martin Lindhardt — last modified 2013-02-04 13:31
- Martin Lindhardt: Power in Powerlessness. A Study of Pentecostal Life Worlds in Urban Chile, Brill 2012.
- New paperback: The Missionary Self-Perception of Pentecostal/Charismatic Church Leaders from the Global South in Europe by Claudia Waehrisch-Oblau — last modified 2012-02-23 06:58
- Claudia Währisch-Oblau's 2009 study, The Missionary Self-Perception of Pentecostal/Charismatic Church Leaders from the Global South in Europe: Bringing Back the Gospel has just come out from Brill (Leiden) as a paperback edition priced at Euro 35.
last modified 2008-05-17 14:24