News & EventsUp one level
Current news and events. For past events and news items visit the archive link below.
- Book Announcement: The Holy Spirit in African Christianity by Chigor Chike — last modified 2015-05-13 11:03
- New book published by Chigor Chike: The Holy Spirit in African Christianity: An Empirical Study. (Paternoster Biblical & Theological Monographs)
- Book Announcement: Mouvement Charismatique & Pentecotisme En Ethiopie: Identité & religion by Serge Dewel — last modified 2016-03-31 12:37
- A book about Pentecostalism in Ethiopia
- Book announcement on Prosperity Gospel by Andreas Heuser — last modified 2015-09-18 19:29
- Andreas Heuser (ed.), Pastures of Plenty: Tracing Religio-Scapes of Prosperity Gospel in Africa and Beyond (Studies in the Intercultural History of Christianity, Vol 161), Frankfurt et al.: Peter Lang, 2015 ISBN-10: 3631661827 ISBN-13: 978-3631661826
- Spirit levels in the local church by Tim Welch — last modified 2014-08-05 10:50
- How are we to assess and measure the activity of God the Holy Spirit in a local church? Tim Welch, a British Baptist Church pastor and GloPent member, wants to raise pneumatological awareness and expectation within his church, by developing a tool that will enable pastor and people to consider what the Spirit is doing and saying... not as a formula, but as the welcomed Guest in a collaborative process. Any recommendations and insights concerning pneumatological qualitative research in a church and practical theology context will be welcome!
- Book Announcement: Experience and its Epistemology in Pentecostal Theologies by Giovanni Maltese — last modified 2013-08-09 11:57
- Maltese, Giovanni. Geisterfahrer zwischen Transzendenz und Immanenz: Die Erfahrungsbegriffe in den pfingstlich-charismatischen Theologien von Terry L. Cross und Amos Yong im Vergleich. Bd. 61. Kirche – Konfession – Religion. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht Unipress, 2013.
- New film documentary featuring Pentecostals in Africa by James Ault — last modified 2014-07-23 21:24
- The documentary films "African Christianity Rising" have just been released. They contain new footage on Pentecostals in Africa, among other Christian communities.
- 9th GloPent Conference: Pentecostalism and Its Encounters with Other Religions (University of Uppsala, Sweden, from 2016-06-10 12:00 to 2016-06-11 17:00) — by webmaster
- The ninth international and interdisciplinary conference of the European Research Network on Global Pentecostalism (GloPent) will be held 10–11 June 2016 at the University of Uppsala, Sweden.
- Book Announcement: Joseph Smale by Tim Welch — last modified 2013-06-21 21:25
- A new book by Tim Welch on "God's Moses for Pentecostalism"
- 6th Europan Conference on African Studies (ECAS 2015) by Emanuele Fantini — last modified 2015-01-14 10:10
- The panel "Religious Revival, Secularism and Contested Public Spaces in Contemporary Ethiopia" addresses the coexistence and the competition between the Pentecostal movement, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and Islam, in negotiating political identities and occupying public spaces within the Ethiopian secular state. (Deadline call for papers: January 15, 2015).
- Šimon, M. (2011): Successful integration of Romanian community from Bílá Voda / Úspěšná integrace rumunské komunity z Bílé Vody. Český lid : Ethnological journal 98, č. 2, str. 155 - 172. (IF 2010 = 0.343) by Martin Šimon — last modified 2013-01-23 16:18
- This paper presents a case study dealing with integration of Romanian Pentecostals in peripheral rural village in the Czech Republic. The pentecostal religion and its related value system plays a crucial role in their successful integration. They have succeeded in their self-presentation to other people in the village which sees them as a family oriented, humble and hard-working people. Such image is in accordance with expectation of majority population concerning acceptance of foreign migrants.
- Conference: African Lived Christianity – Faith, Ritual and Power (Lund University, from 2016-03-16 10:45 to 2016-03-18 10:45) — by Hans Olsson
- Information about an upcoming conference on African Christianity in Lund University in March 2016.
- Book Announcement: Pandita Ramabai and the Mukti Revival by Yan Suarsana — last modified 2014-01-20 14:00
- Yan Suarsana: Pandita Ramabai und die Erfindung der Pfingstbewegung. Postkoloniale Religionsgeschichtsschreibung am Beispiel des "Mukti Revival". Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz 2013. 412 pp., ISBN 978-3447100694; 88,00 EUR.
- Book announcement: Witchcraft, Demons and Deliverance. A Global Conversation on an Intercultural Challenge. by Claudia Waehrisch-Oblau — last modified 2016-02-05 11:35
- Beliefs in witchcraft and demons still shape many societies and seem to be increasing rather than disappearing with modernization and urbanization. Witch hunts in Africa and Asia show the scope of the problem. The deliverance practices of Pentecostal and charismatic churches are widely controversial and their effects rather ambiguous. The contributions in this volume, written by experts and practitioners from four continents, analyze these phenomena from the perspectives of intercultural theology, anthropology and ethnology and describe the responses of Catholic and Protestant churches.
- Book announcement: Catch the Fire by Michael Wilkinson — last modified 2016-03-18 16:23
- New book by Michael Wilkinson and Peter Althouse
- New Book on Chilean Pentecostalism by Martin Lindhardt — last modified 2013-02-04 13:31
- Martin Lindhardt: Power in Powerlessness. A Study of Pentecostal Life Worlds in Urban Chile, Brill 2012.
- New paperback: The Missionary Self-Perception of Pentecostal/Charismatic Church Leaders from the Global South in Europe by Claudia Waehrisch-Oblau — last modified 2012-02-23 06:58
- Claudia Währisch-Oblau's 2009 study, The Missionary Self-Perception of Pentecostal/Charismatic Church Leaders from the Global South in Europe: Bringing Back the Gospel has just come out from Brill (Leiden) as a paperback edition priced at Euro 35.
last modified 2008-05-17 14:24