News & EventsUp one level
Current news and events. For past events and news items visit the archive link below.
- Politics and Society in Filipino Pentecostalism on Negros (Oriental) by Giovanni Maltese — last modified 2013-01-23 16:16
- The project aims at a discourse analysis of terms relevant to the topics pertaining to their usage and meaning in every day life. The following foci are intended: actual political and societal participation of Pentecostals; the Pentecostal articulations of politics and society ("political theology"); and the relationship between Pentecostalism and Islam.
- Being Built Together final report meeting (Southwark Cathedral, London, SE1, from 2013-06-20 18:30 to 2013-06-20 20:30) — by Andrew Rogers
- Final report meeting for a two year project investigating the demographics and ecclesiology of new black majority churches in the London Borough of Southwark
- 2013 GloPent Conference Report by webmaster — last modified 2013-02-06 09:06
- Over 90 participants from 17 countries and three continents convened in Heidelberg for the seventh international and interdisciplinary conference of the European Research Network on Global Pentecostalism (GloPent) on 1 and 2 February 2013.
- Renewal across the Americas: Pentecostal-Charismatic Movements in Latin America (Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA, USA, from 2014-02-28 00:00 to 2014-03-01 00:00) — by Néstor Medina
- Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA, USA) invites paper contributions to a conference about Pentecostalism in Latin America and among Latinas and Latinos
- Šimon, M. (2011): Successful integration of Romanian community from Bílá Voda / Úspěšná integrace rumunské komunity z Bílé Vody. Český lid : Ethnological journal 98, č. 2, str. 155 - 172. (IF 2010 = 0.343) by Martin Šimon — last modified 2013-01-23 16:18
- This paper presents a case study dealing with integration of Romanian Pentecostals in peripheral rural village in the Czech Republic. The pentecostal religion and its related value system plays a crucial role in their successful integration. They have succeeded in their self-presentation to other people in the village which sees them as a family oriented, humble and hard-working people. Such image is in accordance with expectation of majority population concerning acceptance of foreign migrants.
- New Book on Chilean Pentecostalism by Martin Lindhardt — last modified 2013-02-04 13:31
- Martin Lindhardt: Power in Powerlessness. A Study of Pentecostal Life Worlds in Urban Chile, Brill 2012.
- New paperback: The Missionary Self-Perception of Pentecostal/Charismatic Church Leaders from the Global South in Europe by Claudia Waehrisch-Oblau — last modified 2012-02-23 06:58
- Claudia Währisch-Oblau's 2009 study, The Missionary Self-Perception of Pentecostal/Charismatic Church Leaders from the Global South in Europe: Bringing Back the Gospel has just come out from Brill (Leiden) as a paperback edition priced at Euro 35.
last modified 2008-05-17 14:24